August 29, 2014

One Week, Two Coasts

Yes, you read that right. During one week we were on two coasts and I was lucky enough to dip my feet in both the Pacific and the Atlantic oceans all within 7 day's time.  How, do you ask, was I able to pull that off? Probably because my new Day Designer didn't start until August 1! (2 week-long vacations in one month = work stress!)

Day Designer by Whitney English

I'm old fashioned at heart. Anyone who knows me knows that I love beautiful penmanship, beautiful papers, and of course, a beautiful day planner to keep track of all my lists and plans. I'm known to write letters by hand to those I love, but that's a whole other post entirely. I've gone through many different planners, often more than 1 in the same year, just to find more of what I'm looking for. Turns out this beauty has been in production (and repeatedly sold out) since 2012 and I'm late to the party. But, as I say, better to be fashionably late and in this case, I definitely am, although not for my appointments. I adore the classic black striping on the cover, the hot pink folder for my papers, and the gorgeous inside which allows me to keep track of all my meetings and also what's really important in my life:

Time for fun! Most other day planners don't have room for that.

All of the things I'm grateful for. This daily practice can easily be forgotten, but with this planner it's built right into my day and I can jot it down at any time!

Sadly, it wasn't ready to use when we were planning our summer vacations so I may have overbooked myself for August. BUT....I digress. This post isn't about paper. It's for pictures of our family, friends, and what we saw during our week between the coasts. On August 16th in Manzanita, OR, we celebrated the wedding of my sweet friend, CH, and then boarded a plane for Cape Cod and Martha's Vineyard where we spent a week with JSM's family. I love going to see JSM's family. He We are fortunate to have a large extended family on his side so we get to see many loved ones: aunts, uncles, cousins, second cousins, nieces, nephews, mothers, and sisters. Sadly, we only make it back to the east coast once a year. Maybe some day we'll have our own Cape house and we can be with family more often. One can wish.....

 Haystack Rock, Cannon Beach, OR

Manzanita, OR

Sunrise over NYC

This is what I went to Cape Cod for.....just kidding! But I do love fried Cape Cod clams.

 
We went to Cape Cod for this beauty..... (check out those wicked awesome pink Hunter boots!)

....and this handsome little guy.

And to see these two together again. Love.

To view a brand new summer house on the Cape. What a beautiful patio!

To see Nanny Annie 

And to meet the newest addition to the family. xoxo

Along the way we had some fun!

Little E, ready to take a photo on my phone at 21 months!

Went to the Yarmouth Port Library


Visited Martha's Vineyard


My American boy.





Classic Edgartown, Mass.


An old old church.





A giant party of family and friends to celebrate summer birthdays.


Biggest pool party.......ever!



with Buddy!

For real. These are real.

Our family.

The lovely and talented auntie Maddy.

Clam Chowda. Of course.

The view above NYC.

Another great summer vacation on the Cape! See you all next year, same place!
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment