June 29, 2014

First Week of Summer!!

So, I've been trying to spend my weekends doing this....but I've only been mildly successful at relaxing because of course, I've been busy!

JSM has been busy planting this....

caring for this....

and pruning this. 

Summer comes late around here, but it brings all kinds of loveliness like 5K runs, outdoor festivals, picnics, cherries and berries for sale on the side of the road, and plenty of fun. I love summer in the NW more than any summer I experienced before 2010. There's just something about this place that just makes it come alive. People venture outside after months of rain, the grass and trees turn a vibrant shade of green and berries abound.

In front of one of my rural libraries, Yacolt Library Express, before the Yacolt Fun Run on June 28th. 

While I was running, JSM was exploring.

I love the misty evergreens in the background!


I finished!! And in under 40 minutes. I hadn't run in a month and I rolled out of bed, forgot to eat breakfast, and lined up in the middle of the pack at about 7:58 am. 

Sasquatch siting in Yacolt!!

I had to get glasses! At the age of 37, the Dr. offered me bifocals. What? I politely declined...for now.

I also attended the annual Lewis River Rotary picnic at Pomeroy Farms. 


There were chocolate bacon cupcakes. Yum! I took my Magic Brownies. I'm a one trick pony :) 

Pomeroy Farm

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment