October 31, 2010


Happy Halloween! We were really excited to hand out candy for the first time tonight! Jeff worked really hard to get the yard and driveway looking clean and beautiful and free of all the falling leaves - at least for a couple hours! And it looked fantastic. We got lots of little visitors in great costumes despite the sign greeting them at the entrance to the neighborhood courtesy of one concerned citizen.  I love chocolate, but not that much - one look at that sign and I would have run the other way! Thank goodness it didn't stop the 20+ kids who showed up on our doorstep. Our first trick or treaters were so kind I could hardly believe my ears! It was a group of  tween girls who loved my pumpkin planter on the front step. They called it "so creative", but I didn't have the heart to tell them I stoled the idea from a magazine article. One girl said it was "very Martha Stewart!" I wanted to give her the whole bowl of candy! I was thinking it looked a little sloppy, but how could I argue with that compliment? Hurray for kind people, no leftover candy and a safe trick or treat at the Little House on Brush Prairie!

No comments:

Post a Comment